COVID-19 Update: Sharon Hospital Testing
SHARON, Conn. — December 9, 2020 — Testing for COVID-19 will move to an appointment-only basis at Sharon Hospital until further notice, effective Thursday, Dec. 10. All specimen collections at the hospital are completed in an isolated area at the facility’s rear Wound Care entrance.
- Hours of operation: Monday–Saturday, 9 am to 1 pm
- To schedule an appointment, please call 845-790-8855, Option 1.
“This change is part of our adaptive strategy to streamline access and address challenges posed by winter weather,” said Dr. Mark Hirko, president of the hospital. “This location offers increased separation from patient care areas and is easily accessible by car, so you can drive up, park and await instructions to enter the testing area.”
Individuals who arrive without a scheduled appointment will be asked to call (845) 790-8855, Option 1, to coordinate a future visit.
What to bring to your COVID-19 test at Sharon Hospital:
- Wear a medical face mask.
- Government-issued photo ID (examples: driver’s license, passport)
- Insurance card (if you have one)
- Physician order (prescription) for the COVID-19 test. Your doctor will tell you if you need to bring a paper order with you or if it will be submitted electronically.
Nuvance Health procedural and surgical patients who meet specific criteria should have a COVID-19 test within 72 hours of their procedure or surgery. Their physician or surgeon will let them know if they need a COVID-19 test.
Information about COVID-19 testing at Nuvance Health’s primary care practices and outpatient locations, please visit: https://patients.healthquest.org/covid-19-testing/.