- Jerry Jones: Expect Ezekiel Elliott to miss games
- Cocomania sweeping New York fans off their feet
- Clemson RB’s Heisman campaign off to rousing start
- Dolphins opt for experience over youth at QB
- Rays prospect: ‘My life … was destroyed’
- Daniel Jones finishes preseason on high note
- A’s player: Warriors ‘treated us like (expletive)’
- Carli Lloyd signals NFL future with goal celebration
- Why Andrew Luck, Tom Brady love Colts’ top QB
- Wimbledon champ upset by upstart American
- Danica talks Rodgers’ mustache, their relationship
- UFC Hall of Famer’s troubles predicted by opponent
More kicker updates! Taylor Bertolet, who took over the Jets‘ starting job when Chandler Catanzaroretired out of the blue, capped off an up-and-down preseason by hitting just two of five field-goal attempts Thursday. Bertolet missed from 56, 53 and 49 yards and hit from 39 and 23 yards. Despite the uneven performance, Jets coach Adam Gase gave Bertolet a vote of confidence in his postgame presser, telling reporters he would feel comfortable if Bertolet was his Week 1 kicker. We’ll see how comfortable Gase and general manager-slash-waiver wire fiend Joe Douglas are with that reality on cutdown day.
— Jeremy Bergman
Danny Dimes done did it again. Giants rookie quarterback Daniel Jones capped off a near-perfect preseason with a lone perfect series on Thursday night, a 4-for-4, 47-yard showing that ended without a score. How quickly perceptions have changed around the sixth overall pick. From ridiculed selection in late April to heir apparent in late August, Jones finished the preseason having gone 29-for-34 for 416 yards, two touchdowns, three fumbles and no picks. Eli Manning is the quarterback of Big Blue past, present and near-future, but Jones’ surprising summer staked a claim for an earlier entry than expected into the starting lineup.