Your Robin Hood Radio Tri-State Forecast
TDY – SNOW CHANGES TO RAIN – 40
TNTE – RAIN CHANGES TO WET SNOW – MID 30S
TUES – WINDY WITH SNOW
WED – GUSTY WINDS, SNOWSHOWERS – MID 40S
THURS – SUNNY-BREEZY – 45-50
WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 5 PM MONDAY TO 8 AM EDT WEDNESDAY
* WHAT…Heavy wet snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 12
to 18 inches with higher amounts up to 20 inches in the higher
terrain areas Winds
gusting as high as 45 mph.
* WHERE…, western Massachusetts, northern
Litchfield Hills and the northern and central Taconics in
eastern New York.
* WHEN…From 5 PM Monday to 8 AM EDT Wednesday.
* IMPACTS…Travel will be very difficult to impossible. This
includes the Tuesday morning and evening commute. The weight of
the heavy wet snow on tree branches will likely result in power
outages. Snowfall rates will reach 1 to 2 inches per hour at
times with locally higher rates possible depending on where snow
bands develop. Strong winds will also result in very low
visibility, especially Tuesday into Tuesday night.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…This will be a long duration and high-
impact snow event. Prepare now for this upcoming winter storm
Leave a Reply