Guided by respected journalistic standards, the principle of fairness, the quest for truth, a commitment to social, economic and environmental justice, and an abiding admiration for the independent spirit of the Berkshires, The Berkshire Edge offers in-depth local news reports and features, perspectives on the arts, wide-ranging commentary, and a comprehensive calendar of events – all written, illustrated, and, in some cases performed, with wit, intelligence, insight and humor.
1. The controversy over the Great Barrington Airport continues, with the Selectboard hosting a crowded public hearing:
2. Meanwhile, in a multipart series our investigative writer Bill Shein has been examining the airport operations, and asking just how busy — and essential — the airport actually is:
3. The Great Barrington Selectboard is also examining programs that will support affordable housing — in a community whose real estate values have become increasingly unaffordable:
4. Meanwhile, the saga of the moribund Housatonic Water Works continues,
5. And finally, we should mention that we’ve just published the fourth chapter of our serial novel, “Artificial Insanity,” each chapter written by a different author. This chapter is written by Dan Tawczynski, who runs Taft: Farms and is a published author as well
Leave a Reply