The Berkshire Edge LLC is a locally owned, regional publication. Our goal is to provide – regularly and in depth – content that truly reflects the life, interests and aspirations of this unusually rich and vibrant community.
Guided by respected journalistic standards, the principle of fairness, the quest for truth, a commitment to social, economic and environmental justice, and an abiding admiration for the independent spirit of the Berkshires, The Berkshire Edge offers in-depth local news reports and features, perspectives on the arts, wide-ranging commentary, and a comprehensive calendar of events – all written, illustrated, and, in some cases performed, with wit, intelligence, insight and humor.
1. The Berkshire County DA’s office endorsed the conviction of Derek Chauvin, the Minneapolis officer who killed George Floyd:https://theberkshireedge.com/berkshire-da-office-endorses-verdict-in-derek-chauvin-trial/
2. The Berkshire Hills Regional School District School Committee has adopted plans of educational equity access and high expectations:
3. In a completely different direction, we have a story that focuses on the very beginning of life. Hannah Van Sickle writes about “The Hello! It’s me” project that seeks to nourish the relationship between parent and newborns: https://theberkshireedge.com/the-hello-its-me-project-supports-parent-infant-relationships/
4. One year after the pandemic lockdown, we find that Great Barrington merchants have found creative ways to weather the general shutdown:
5. Our film reviewer Leonard Quart writes an occasional column about life in New York City… and his latest observes that despite the pandemic, normal life seems to be reviving in the Big Apple: