Guided by respected journalistic standards, the principle of fairness, the quest for truth, a commitment to social, economic and environmental justice, and an abiding admiration for the independent spirit of the Berkshires, The Berkshire Edge offers in-depth local news reports and features, perspectives on the arts, wide-ranging commentary, and a comprehensive calendar of events – all written, illustrated, and, in some cases performed, with wit, intelligence, insight and humor.
1. The Great Barrington Selectboard, after months of wrangling, will submit a proposed short-term rental law to town meeting:
2. And on the subject of short term rentals, our columnist (and resident wit) Bill Shein has weighed in on the topic, with a series of analyses. This week is Part II:
3. In memory of a beloved local attorney, Harry Conklin, a concert series has been organized to support local independent farmers and the Harry Conklin Fund for Farmsteads:
4. The historic Clinton Church in Great Barrington — where W.E.B. DuBois was a member — has received funding to continue its restoration:
5. On the lighter side, we have our BerkShares Business of the Month: Roger the Jester: