The Berkshire Edge LLC is a locally owned, regional publication. Our goal is to provide – regularly and in depth – content that truly reflects the life, interests and aspirations of this unusually rich and vibrant community.
Guided by respected journalistic standards, the principle of fairness, the quest for truth, a commitment to social, economic and environmental justice, and an abiding admiration for the independent spirit of the Berkshires, The Berkshire Edge offers in-depth local news reports and features, perspectives on the arts, wide-ranging commentary, and a comprehensive calendar of events – all written, illustrated, and, in some cases performed, with wit, intelligence, insight and humor.
Good morning… please call us at Edge headquarters: 413-528-3408
1. Mass. Attorney General Maura Healey has joined with 24 other state attorney generals in urging the Supreme Court to nullify Texas abortion ban:
2. Continuing our theme of politics, Berkshire County state Democrat Rep. Paul Mark is running for state senate, advocating for “medicare for all.” He is likely to be opposed by former state senator Andrea Nuciforo, who held the seat for 10 years 1997-2007.
3. Still on the political front, Sen. Adam Hinds is throwing his hat into the electoral ring, announcing he’ll run for lieutenant governor:https://theberkshireedge.com/as-lawmakers-mull-redistricting-hinds-tosses-hat-into-ring-for-lieutenant-governor/
4. Meanwhile, back down to earth, actually under it, the Great Barrington Selectboard continues to mull the acquisition of the decrepit Housatonic Water Works … Town Manager Mark Pruhenski presented the board with four scenarios:
5. At the Mahaiwe in Great Barrington a free screening of “Dedicada a mi ex” (With Love to my Ex), a romantic comedy with English subtitles, is being presenting by Volunteers in Medicine tomorrow night, with funding from the Berkshire Taconic Foundation, as a way to engage the Latino community:https://theberkshireedge.com/dedicada-a-mi-comunidad-a-free-event-en-espanol-aims-to-invite-the-latinx-community-in/
6. Finally, a little “trail magic” on the Appalachian Trail as it wends its way through Sheffield. Local congregations are celebrating their collaboration in providing a little assistance to thru-hikers:https://theberkshireedge.com/two-sheffield-congregations-join-forces-to-create-trail-magic-for-appalachian-thru-hikers/