…WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM ESTTUESDAY…
* WHAT…Heavy mixed precipitation. Total snow and sleet accumulations of 6 to 12 inches and ice accumulations of up to a quarter of an inch.
* WHERE…In Connecticut, Northern Litchfield and Southern Litchfield Counties. In New York, Western Dutchess, Eastern Ulster and Eastern Dutchess Counties.
* WHEN…Until 7 AM EST Tuesday.
* IMPACTS…Travel will be very difficult. The morning and evening commute for today will be impacted.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Periods of a light wintry mix are expected through this morning. Steadier and heavier precipitation in the form of snow will return this afternoon into tonight, tapering off after midnight. Snowfall rates could reach 1 to 2 inches per hour at times late this afternoon into this evening.
Above..winter storm still crossing The Appalachians so more rain and snow for Northeast and Mid Atlantic today. A new storm moves into West Coast….fair and cold Central U.S. Below – early morning temperatures followed by animated maps for the next 2 days.
Below – snowfall expected Monday – Monday night….followed by rainfall into Saturday.
Below – snapshot weather for Tuesday. Be safe.